A skilled senior level IT Leader and Architect with 15+ years of experience and extensive knowledge in Linux, Virtualization, Cloud, and Automation. Other recent professional experience includes DevOps/Agile Methodologies, team building, and mentoring. Advocate for Open Source technologies and philosophy; Linux and open source hobbyist. Currently hold an RHCE, RHCVA, RHCSA in OpenStack, and RHCSA in OpenShift.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux, OpenShift, OpenStack, Red Hat Virtualization, Red Hat CloudForms, AWS, VMware
PostgreSQL, Ansible, Oracle, MySQL, Bash, Python, PHP, Ruby
Enterprise Architecture, Datacenter Automation, DevOps
- March 2017 - Current
- Senior Solution Architect - Red Hat
Help drive sales of the entire Red Hat portfolio and have a general technical understanding of all Red Hat products. Work with customers to better understand their existing environment and business procedures and become a trusted advisor. Design an integrated solution across the entire Red Hat portfolio to accelerate customer business processes and application deployments. Other responsibilities include mentor new hires to ensure they meeting training and other new hire activity deadlines.
- Grew one of my accounts by 300% YoY
- Presented at several conferences and user groups
- CloudForms SME and Red Hat Virtualization SME Team Lead
- February 2013 - March 2017
- Senior Cloud Solution Architect - Red Hat
Deep technical understanding of Red Hat’s Cloud Portfolio to help drive sells of OpenStack, CloudForms, OpenShift, and Red Hat Virtualization. Work with customers to better understand their existing environment and business procedures and become a trusted adviser. Design and assist with the implementation of complex cloud and automation systems to help customers accelerate business processes and system/application deployments. Other responsibilities include mentor new hires to ensure they meet training and other new hire activity deadlines.
- Assisted a major Telco to reduce deployment time from weeks to minutes
- Key contributor to several multi-million dollar deals with Fortune 500 companies
- Presented at several user groups and conferences
- Founded the first Red Hat Users Group in Salt Lake City
- November 2011 - February 2013
- Open Source Architect - Sirius Computer Solutions
Acted as an advocate for Open Source Alternatives to Unix and proprietary virtualization solutions both with customers and internally. Present product presentations and emos to customer’s Systems Administrators, Enterprise Architects, IT directors, and executives. Help up-sell hardware from a range of vendors such as HP, Dell Cisco, and IBM. Assist in services opportunities when appropriate, implement and document environments, train customer’s on Linux best practices. Designed and successfully deployed complex Virtualization architectures based on Red Hat Virtualization.
- Deployed Open Source Solution to manage complex Linux deployments such as Red Satellite
- Assist customers with the implementation of open source virtualization solutions
- Built services processes for Unix to Linux Migration
- March 2011 - November 2011
- Senior IT Project Consultant - Optum
- July 2007 - April 2011
- Owner - IT Consultant - Open Management LLC
- January 2010 - January 2011
- Linux Systems Administrator - RemedyMD
- September 2006 - August 2008
- Senior Linux Support Engineer and Team Lead - Ingenix (now Optum)
- June 2005 - June 2006
- Junior Linux Administrator - Novell